1. Spend time in nature
2. Take care of yourself (and preen your feathers)
3. Be present and aware of your surroundings
4. Notice the little things, like the red feeding ports on a hummingbird feeder
5. Spend time with your flock and enjoy good company
6. Seize the moment (and grab that sunflower seed!)
7. When something’s not right, fly away
8. Make sure you eat enough protein to keep your energy up
9. Eat fresh food in-season, as often as possible
10. Seek shelter or travel to a warmer location when it’s too cold out
11. Explore your local offerings (and grab a quick bath or a snack!)
12. Sing your song, so others can hear you
13. Perch for a moment and rest when you need a break
14. When you’re ready to move on, let go of the branch you’re clinging to
15. Move forward and trust your wings to carry you
What’s your favorite life lesson from the list above? Or what’s another life lesson you’ve learned by watching your birds?
Let us know your story in the comments section below and Happy Birding!
This article originally appeared on the Duncraft Wild Bird Blog at blog.duncraft.com.